Areas of Specialization
We work to protect your fair share. We collaborate with our in-house specialists to improve our success rate.
Weissman's Bankruptcy Department represents national mortgage lenders, servicers, and other creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases in all bankruptcy courts throughout Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. The Bankruptcy Department works hand-in-hand with the Foreclosure and Eviction departments to eliminate delays in file processing, timely cancellation of imminent sales to avoid bankruptcy stay violations, and recommendations to clients regarding all aspects of the bankruptcy process as it relates to and impacts foreclosure.
Weissman provides full bankruptcy representation including, without limitation:
- Preparation and filing of Proofs of Claims;
- Defending objections to Proofs of Claim;
- Plan analysis to determine the treatment of our clients’ interest in either the plan or reorganization or statement of intentions, including preparing Objections to Plan Confirmation where necessary and feasible;
- Review and preparation of reaffirmation agreements;
- Motions for Relief from Automatic Stay and/or Adequate Protection Orders, hearings regarding same, and working out Consent Orders with debtors and/or their counsel; and
- Adversary complaints and other bankruptcy litigation.